About the Library
- Search here for information about a variety of technologies that support literacy
development in students who are deaf and hard of hearing, including different applications
of video and captioning technologies. Also learn about descriptive video service for
students who are blind and visually impaired.
- Investigate hypermedia tools and instructional programs that incorporate a range of
media to address the needs of students with various learning styles.
- Learn about software-based tools that can help students with learning difficulties
organize information for deeper understanding and enhanced expression.
- Probe the various issues confronting educators as they provide broader access to laptops
and other portable electronic tools for their students with and without disabilities.
- Discover the range of assistive and instructional technologies available for children
with disabilities in preschool and early childhood settings.
- Explore ways a variety of technology tools support students who are blind and visually
impaired in the development and application of literacy skills.
- Discover how students with disabilities can develop their writing abilities online and
how telecommunications can provide these students access to authentic learning
opportunities within their broader communities.
- Learn about a unique software feature that can assist students with physical and
learning impairments in developing their written language skills.
[ Home | Library
| Videos | Tour | Spotlight | Workshops | Links ]
material was developed by the National Center to Improve Practice
(NCIP), located at Education Development Center, Inc. in Newton, Massachusetts.
NCIP was funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs
from October 1, 1992 - September 30, 1998, Grant #H180N20013. Permission is granted
to copy and disseminate this information. If you do so, please cite NCIP.
Contents do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department of Education,
nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement
by NCIP, EDC, or the U.S. Government. This site was last updated in September
ŠEducation Development Center, Inc.