[EDEQUITY Equity Now] Making a difference in the Latino community

From: Tinajero, Josefina V. (tinajero@utep.edu)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 10:35:06 EDT

A study of the MD participants found about 7 years ago that our girls had
lower dropout rates, higher GPAs, higher incidence of participation in
honors courses, and lower pregnancy rates than the comparison group. We
can,
and have, made a difference with the Latino community in El Paso. Josie

Dr. Josie Villamil Tinajero
Associate Dean, College of Education
The University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University Avenue