[EDEQUITY Equity Now] Title IX and single -sex is not so bad

From: Mary White (mwhite@pv.wesd.k12.az.us)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 10:06:17 EDT

This may be an awfully naïve question, but I wonder why is it all so bad
that the potential changes in Title IX that would allow single-sex
institutions? As Stephanie Barlow pointed out earlier, public single-sex
education for girls already exists across the country. I wonder what the
results are like from the few girls-only schools that emphasize math and
science? Could the potential changes in Title IX benefit an option such as
this?

Mary Aleta White, Ph.D.
Director - Project EAGLES
602.347.2545 (voice)