Re 7: School violence again...

From: MCottJ@aol.com
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 13:12:44 EDT

This is an interesting & timely discussion. In one local community, the
principal of a high school has called for a meeting of all parents who have
sons in the 10th grade. There is a serious concern on the part of school
officials regarding the lack of respect & general rudeness that is apparently
having a major disruptive impact on the normal business of school.

It is an affluent community -- needless to say the media has picked up on the
parents' annoyance & denial that there children have done anything wrong or
irresponsible. I believe the kids are also "invited" to attend the meeting --
could be interesting as the kids have their turn to speak. I'm staying tuned
to see how this plays out.

MCottJ@aol.com