Re: Women's History in the NY Times

From: NWHP@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 14:42:00 EDT

Mary Ruthsdotter here, again:

In a message dated 99-07-16 14:01:23 EDT, I was asked:
<< Could you briefly mention what the New York Times Sunday
 web-article covers? >>

Of course (I should have in the first place): It's based on their Sunday
magazine, one in a series on the millennium. The title of this particular
issue was: "The Shadow Story of the Millennium: WOMEN," which is the topic of
the site. Articles follow by a host of historians and journalists, a brief
timeline for U.S. women's vis a vis "regular" history, a crossword puzzle,
audio clips ...

It's quite a grab-bag. Some I enjoyed and appreciated heartily, some made my
nose wrinkle. All-in-all, worth a look for those of us interested in women's
history as presented by "America's newspaper of record."

Mary Ruthsdotter
NWHP@aol.com