Gender equity in math

From: mmks@postoffice.swbell.net
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 21:30:32 EDT

I am interested in getting information on gender equity in the
classroom, especially math. I teach eighth-grade math and have just
become aware, and very interested, of gender biases in math classes. I
have written a grant which has been accepted for the purpose of
collecting data this year in my classroom in regard to different
teaching techniques that might be better to reach all students and not
just the boys in the class. If you have had success in this area or
know of a great resourse where I might find curriculum ideas and/or
specific lesson---please send my way. Any other information you might
want to send concerning this issue, I'd love to have it.

mmks@postoffice.swbell.net