Re 4: Learning English

From: C123S105L@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 09:29:28 EDT

I agree that there are some developmental and cultural factors that come up
for for children that go to another country and must learn another language. But
it seems to me that those ''cultural and developmental'' issues are not that
closely related to ''language'' itself but to other psychological and social
factors which will take other kinds of adjustments.

In the meawhile, as I stated before, the language issue is not as hard and
complicated as some people to believe and children are very qualified to learn
foreign languages at a much faster rate than adults. I believe that the whole
issue of bi-lingual education has more to do with other factors at play than the
simple learning of a foreign language. That, perhaps is the real problem...

Lesemann
C123S105L@aol.com