Re 10: Bilingual Education

From: C123S105L@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 11:25:19 EDT

How does teaching a foreign language enhance analytical skills? I was put
into a so called bi-lingual program and kept there, a virtual intellectual
prisoner, although I spoke very good english...they kept me in the program
for two years and in this program there were other children who I later
realized belonged in special education.

Because I was a foreign student, the schools automatically assumed that my
intellectual abilities were less than the general school population. So Iam
curious regarding the remark of foreign language learning and analytical
skills. How and why this relationship of what it seems to me, are two rather
separate subjects?

Adriana Lesemann
C123S105L@aol.com