Girls, Body Image and Theatre

From: Cathy plourde (cathy.plourde@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 10:42:45 EDT

Dear Colleagues,

I am a playwright and educator using theatre for social change. I have
written an article/paper about a project using a specific type of
theatre technique with adolescent girls. It was a powerful experience
for the girls and their families, as the girls named their feelings and
experiences, pondered their options, and made choices for action. It
was particularly useful for parents who do not understand why or how
friends, popularity, school, and peer pressures are so significant to
young women.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where I might submit this for
publication? Please respond to me personally--

Thank you.

Cathy Plourde
cathy.plourde@worldnet.att.net