Re 18: Teacher says NO to less biased curriculum...

From: C123S105L@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 14:54:55 EDT

Oh my god !!!!! yes Rosa Parks is left out !!!!!! can you imagine this??? I
spend a great deal sometimes the whole day, in the internet and library
gathering interesting things on women for our daughter.....and yes, of course
the ''goals'' of the school have nothing to do with helping boys and girl
students study things that are more relevant to their character formation and
future. Our daughter has so far refused to be home schooled but it would be
easier for me and her since she has to deal with ''2 curriculums''
simultaneously. The sexist one her teacher is intended in offering and the one
Iam fighting his with which is on women and their roles in everything that is
NOT mentioned by him and the textbook.

It can get very hectic and stressful. I hope this will be resolved because I
don't know how long I can keep it up...

thanks
Lesemann
C123S105L@aol.com