Girls asked regarding menstruation..

From: C123S105L@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 13:36:36 EDT

I was siting with my daughter talking to some of the girls in her First
Division Soccer team when out of no where two of the girls mentioned ''how
they had had to lie about having started menstruating'' because otherwise
they would not be allowed to play Junior Varsity..needless to say my heart
stopped..I had never heard of such thing...

When I went home and discussed it with a friend of mine she told me that her
daughter who is 12 and attends a 12000 dollar a year school was told that she
could not play varsity sports at ther school either because she had not
started her period....I need to find out more about this regulation and where it
is coming from. what are the reasons etc !!!!! can anyone help?

C123S105L@aol.com