Re: Threat to eliminate gender equity provisions

From: Rochelle Riling (seamouse@televar.com)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 12:08:59 EDT

One more comment: Although gender equity has (legal and ethical) merit on its
own, it is also a tool that allows us to find ways our education techniques are
not working. Using equity issues as a tool to address the needs of pregnant and
parenting teens has implications for future generations of students-- the kids
of those teens are headed into our school systems, too.

I recently came across some wonderful policy recommendations in the area of
linking social support services for teen parents with education and equity
provisions, in order to improve the educational and employment outcomes of teen
parents. Anyone who wants specific reference to the policy recommendation
document should feel free to email me privately. I will find it in my pile.

--Rochelle
seamouse@televar.com