Re[2]:Opening Statement-Tom Hehir

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 18:40:48 EDT

But Title IX of the Education Amendments, combined with Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act clearly require gender equity in special education
programs. These are enforced by the Office for Civil Rights of the United
States Department of Education Also, pursuant to various US Supreme Court
decisions, one can bring a private right of action in federal court,
without going through OCR, to enforce these laws.

Stephanie Ortoleva
<womankind@earthlink.net>