Re: Welcome to Dialogue with the Experts

From: akapur@edc.org
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 11:45:50 EST

Hi,
I want to learn your professional knowledge or hypothesis about my
question.
I am from Turkey, some people in my country (may be in the other
countries) believe that the reason for which the number of girl students
in Mathematics department is too small amount is intelligent. I graduated
from Mathematics department with a first degree, and I have taught math in
secondary and primary public schools in Turkey. I observed that similar to
this ideas cause unjust dedication and some action to girls. What is your
explanation about this situation? Please send me your ideas and may be you
have had some studies related to my question.
Have a good time in the seminar.

Aytac Simsek
Master Student in
Syracuse University