Comprehensive list of programs

From: cybersisters@wistec.org
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 14:57:33 EST

One of the things emerging from this discussion is that many programs,
people, resources and publications exist to increase the success of women
and girls in science, math, engineering and technology. ENC has been an
incredible resource for me as a program developer and as a faculty in
instructional technology. I'm wondering if a directory already exists that
includes the programs, events, etc. that have been described here, or if
ENC or WEEA is interested in compiling an online directory of gender equity
in SMTE programs? The problem I have sometimes is that I hear of the same
resources over and over--this list-serv has provided a wealth of other
programs that parallel our own work.

When I look for models, or I need to refer a girl who is moving to a new
state to a program in her area, where do I look? One of the best things we
can do here is to document these sources of information so that we can
contact each other post-discussion about the programs and intiatives on
which we seek ideas and support.

Thanks,
Cerise Roth-Vinson
Program Coordinator