Re: Tim Boals -Closing Thoughts

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 16:29:32 EST

    I think I managed to say most of what I wanted to say between my opening
    statement and the replies to specific questions which allowed me to share
    more details about what we are doing in Wisconsin. This project is only
    just beginning and there is much to do. We hope that by creating a
    standards-based framework for good classroom assessments we will encourage
    more of a balance between the classroom and the high stakes assessments,
    offseting somewhat the tendency to place too much emphasis on the latter. I
    hope that all states can strive for a balance that creates both high
    standards and equitable opportunities and outcomes for ALL children.
    "Timothy Boals" <timothy.boals@dpi.state.wi.us>