democratic classrooms

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 17:49:44 EDT

    Hi, my name is Jessica Gerrard and I am doing a subject called Educational
    Research as part of my primary education course at University of Technology

    Sydney. When devising a question for research I became interested in the
    notion of democracy in classrooms. I have had a difficult time obtaining
    research on this topic. I am interested in how democratic classrooms affect

    children and their perceptions of learning and school, as well as the basis

    from which the theory was built. If anyone has any information or thoughts
    of the topic, including implications for girls in education, I would be
    interested to hear them.

    Thanks, Jessica
    jessgerrard@hotmail.com