[EDEQUITY] RE: Title IX and Football

From: Amber Valeris DeWine (Your_Honor@mail.findlaw.com.criticalpath.net)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 14:05:39 EDT

    You're right, Herb, thank you for pointing out my error! (See I do admit
    when I'm wrong---this is the first time in 20 years I've been wrong!!
    hehehe...kidding!)

    I was trying to point out that Title IX permits women to participate on
    men's sports teams that involve contact, such as football and wrestling. I
    pointed out the Duke case as evidence of this where the school is sued (so
    far successfully) for not allowing women on its football team.

    I reiterate again that I do not believe women should be allowed to
    participate on boys' teams just as boys should not be allowed to
    participate on girls' teams. However, it's not the law as it is now. As I
    said before that's one of the changes that need to be made to the law.

    Hugs
    Amber
      your_honor@justice.com