[EDEQUITY] Sommers study

From: Richard Hesch (heschr@cc.UManitoba.CA)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 16:58:16 EDT

    Participants in this chat line may be interested to learn that the entire
    nation of Canada was subjected to Sommers' analysis this past weekend. One
    of
    our two national newspapers, the Globe and Mail, featured a cover story in
    its
    weekly "Books" section on Dr. Sommers' work. The cover page of the section
    featured a graphic with what is clearly a woman's thumb pressing down on a
    young lad who may be cowering. The title on the section reads "How
    misguided
    feminism is harming our young men: The war against boys." The section
    also
    includes both a 1+ page interview with Sommers and a review of the book.

    Rick Hesch
    <heschr@cc.UManitoba.CA>