[EDEQUITY] Nobel prize winners in science are..

From: Allison Nies (calvideo@4link.net)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 09:31:24 EDT

There are several women Nobelists in science that I can think of,
besides Marie Curie.

Her daughter, Irene, for one got a Nobel with her husband.
Kathleen Lonsdale won in chemistry for discovering the ring shape of
benzene. Dorothy Hodgekin won in medicine for a synthetic form of
penicillin.
A German woman won a few years ago for medicine, I think and I don't
know her name off hand.And the Physicist who won for radioactive bio-assay
techniques - her name escapes me.These are just a few off the top of my
head. Several other women should have won if the Nobel process had been
fair to women.

It's not clear that men are better in science and math than women.
Think of the education gaps for men and women. And discrimination in
hiring and promotion. Access to labs and research money.

Allison Nies
calvideo@4link.net