[EDEQUITY]Introducing the first issue of Gender & Diversity

From: Katherine Hanson, Director (khanson@edc.org)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 09:49:34 EST

Institute
Sender: owner-edequity@mail.edc.org

Hello

I would like to introduce you to the GDI News Online, a digital newsletter
from the Gender and Diversities Institute at EDC.

The Institute is dedicated to improving the well-being of individuals and
communities globally through innovative gender-healthy approaches to
life-long learning. We believe that learning is most powerful when the
unique perspectives and strengths associated with gender and other
diversities guide and inform the process.

Our initiatives focus in five areas: Technology, Educational Excellence,
Gender Roles, Gendered Violence, and Work and the Economy.
Each issue of our newsletter focuses on one of these areas. We share
examples of our ongoing work and that of our colleagues at EDC. And we
provide a list of related conference and resources. We hope that you will
find this useful.

Please share this newsletter with others you think would enjoy it. And we
encourage you to let us know about your work so that we can include it in
one of our upcoming issues.

To view the first issue "Gender and Technology " go to:

http://www.edc.org/GDI/Newsletter/Issue1/fpage.html

Katherine Hanson
Director, Gender and Diversities Institute at EDC
55 Chapel Street, Newton, MA 02458
617-618-2357 fax. 617-332-4318 khanson@edc.org