[EDEQUITY]Introducing Gender & Science Digital Library

From: Sarita Nair, Project Director (snair@edc.org)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 11:54:32 EST

The Gender and Diversities Institute at Education Development Center, Inc.
(EDC), is pleased to announce the start of its first digital library
initiative - the Gender and Science Digital Library project (GSDL). The
GSDL will be developed in collaboration with the Eisenhower National
Clearinghouse at Ohio State University, and is funded by the National
Science Foundation.

The primary objective of the GSDL is to create a high-quality, interactive
library of K-12, higher education, women's studies, and teacher preparation
resources for science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
disciplines. It will assist educators and researchers in promoting and
implementing gender-equitable STEM education in both formal and informal
settings, to both male and female students, and assist in increasing female
involvement in the sciences, and provide resources to researchers and
others working to understand the link between gender and science, including
how gender influences the development of science and the role of women
within science.

Please visit our web site at http://www.edc.org/GDI/GSDL for information
about the GSDL project. At this time, we are particularly interested in
material submissions and reviewer volunteers - application forms for both
these areas can be submitted to us on-line at our web site. I hope you
will take this opportunity to submit information on an item you recommend
for inclusion in our digital collection and by volunteering to become a
reviewer.

I welcome your contributions and feedback, and look forward to hearing from
you!

Sincerely,
Sarita Nair
Project Director