[EDEQUITY] WomenTech Survey

From: Donna Milgram (donnam@iwitts.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 14:42:54 EST

IWITTS is considering developing an online version of our
WomenTech Training for Educators to improve our ability to reach
everyone. Educators would have the option of learning how to
recruit and retain women and girls to technology programs and
careers from their desktops.

Please fill out a short survey for us on this and be entered
into a WomenTech Training drawing. Receive a free training slot
for you or your school at one of our upcoming national
trainings.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=3394798231 Click here for
the survey

The survey will close on March 25 and the winner will be
announced in our March 26 e-newsletter. For more information on
our WomenTech Training see
http://www.iwitts.com/html/upcoming_workshops.html and
http://www.iwitts.com/html/training_workshops.html

Also, the League for Innovation in the Community College,
invites you to come visit our workshop on the WomenTech Project
on Tuesday March 19 at 1:30 pm in the Hyannis Room at the Boston
Marriot Copley Place. WomenTech: A Successful Model for
Recruiting and Retaining Women in Technology. Participants learn
how to recruit and retain women and minorities in technology.
Community College of Rhode Island's WomenTech Project has
significantly increased the percentage of women in technology
programs. Learn about the WomenTech Career Expo, WomenTech Web
page, Women in Technology Club, and the Tech Ready Curriculum
designed to bridge the digital divide for women and minorities.

Donna Milgram: Executive Director, IWITTS
Richard Cardin, Chair, Technology & Engineering, CCRI
Jodi Bluto, Technical Staff, Chemistry

Click here for conference information
http://www.league.org/inn2002/index.htm

Check out all of the new messages on the WomenTechWorld.Org
Message Board. Send your students there for help. We've expanded
our Messageboard Job Talk section to include forums for Aircraft
Mechanic, AutoTech, Computer Tech, Engineer, Law Enforcement,
Network Technicians, Operating Engineer
http://womentechboard.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic

Do you have female students who might like WomenTechWorld.Org?
Forward this email, or go to the Web site and download our
attractive flyers and post them in your classroom. To download
click here: http://www.womentechworld.org/flyer.htm

Spread the word, get your students to visit the community!

Donna Milgram
Executive Director
Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science
1150 Ballena Blvd, Suite 102
Alameda, CA 94501-3682
(510) 749-0200 (phone) * (510) 749-0500 (fax)
www.iwitts.com * www.womentechworld.org
donnam@iwitts.com