[EDEQUITY] Responses to survey on equity

From: Mary Gallet (MGallet@cde.ca.gov)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 16:16:26 EST

Hello,

1.Gender equity-equity for males and females, inclusive
(my interpretation).Some persons in the education field indicate the
existence of a perception that this term may apply to Caucasian
girls/females only and is not =
inclusive.

2.Equity for people with disabilities-all persons with any type of
disability (my interpretation).Some persons in the education field indicate
the existence of a perception that this term may apply to persons with some
types of disabilities and may not be completely inclusive.

3. Equity for people of all ethnicities-all persons irregardless of
race or ethnicity (my interpretation)Some persons in the education field
indicate the existence of a perception that this term may apply to persons
of color only and is not inclusive.
Thanks.
Please feel free to contact me for details.
R. Mary Gallet, Ph.D.
California Department of Education
Workforce Development Unit
660 J Street, Suite 300