[EDEQUITY Equity Now]Equity competencies for educators

From: Kathy Johnson (kjohnson@vismt.org)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 10:33:39 EDT

Hi All -

Opening Statement from Barbara Bitters states:
" My most recent interests have centered on: how to infuse equity in
federal programs, such as the No Child Left Behind; achievement gaps for
students of color; and defining equity competencies for educators."

Question:
I am interested in learning more about the development of "equity
competencies for educators". Barb and any others who are working on equity
competencies for teachers, can you share information with us? How are you
using them, and what stage of development are they currently in? Is there
web site where the work is available?

Thanks,
Kathy
Kathy Johnson, Director of Equity Initiatives
Vermont Institute for Science, Math & Technology (VISMT)
(802) 828 - 0072
7 West Street Dillingham Hall
Montpelier, VT 05602
www.vismt.org/equity <http://www.vismt.org/equity>