[EDEQUITY Equity Now] Title IX stopping the violation of civil

From: Linda Purrington (lpurring@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 10:19:26 EDT

rights
Sender: owner-edequity@mail.edc.org

Nancy, what are your sources?Also, please note that the most important
potential use of Title IX is not athletics, important though that use is,
but the potential use we could make of it in stopping the violation of
civil rights in schools via sexual harassment on the basis of sex. It is
particularly important that advocates of gender equity and Title IX not
limit the understanding of Title
IX unnecessarily.hank you for your work!
Linda Purrington
 <lpurring@earthlink.net>