Re: Peer Sexual Harassment Article

From: Mjmsb7@aol.com
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 19:01:08 EDT

Hello Linda - It's been a long time since we've spoken directly and at that
time you expressed the views that you are reiterating here. In our video
series, Sexual Harassment: Pay Attention and Minimize the Risk!, we never
referred the girl for "counseling" after the incidents of harassing conduct.
Rather, we show her reporting her complaint to an administrator (actually two
different ones - one who is clueless and insulting, and another who clearly gets
the point.)

Also, we do portray a session between the boy and the school principal, where
the boy is being counseled and reprimanded for his behavior. It is on the
girl's suggestion that the boy is required to teach other students about the
unacceptability of sexually harassing behavior, demonstrating her personal power
in rectifying the situation.

If you have any further questions about the series, I would appreciate you
contacting me directly so that we may work together to eradicate the behaviors
we both so strongly oppose. You can reach me at (805) 897-3096.
Take care,
Mary Jo McGrath
Mjmsb7@aol.com