Re: Girls and school

From: Barbara Pace (bgpace@edu15.coe.ufl.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 13:15:32 EDT

Though not specifically related to gender (another conversation), Tatum's book
"Why are all the black kids sitting together in the cafeteria?" offers insight
into the development of racial identity. As noted, one flaw of this book is that
it doesn't deal with gender. But it is thought provoking and as a teacher
educator, I have recommended it to many.

Best wishes to you and your observant--and apparently intelligent--child.

bgpace@edu15.coe.ufl.edu

Sharon Vaipae wrote:
After tons of legislation, and lots of time, things should be much improved. My
12-year-old daughter's life is not proving radically different...