Please share this with any interested individuals. I would be happy to
answer any related questions to this New Jersey position.
POSITION: Assistant Director of Extension and
Chair, Department of 4-H Youth Department
LOCATION: Rutgers Cooperative Extension, Cook College,
New Brunswick, NJ
NATURE AND PURPOSE:
Provide visionary leadership for the Department of 4-H Youth Development
for a 3-year renewable appointment as chair. Specific appointment will be
a County Agent I or Extension Specialist dependent on the background and
interests of the selected applicant.
* Provide input in the development of policies and procedures for Rutgers
Cooperative Extension and provide leadership for the implementation 4-H
Youth development and related programs for Rutgers Cooperative Extension.
* Provide strong contribution to academic discipline and implement
outstanding Cooperative Extension programs.
* Coordinate and assist faculty with curriculum and program development,
implementation and evaluation.
* Support faculty and staff in implementation of county, state and national
policies and procedures.
* Perform personnel function with county faculty including recruitment,
orientation, and evaluation for promotion and tenure.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationship with departments of
Extension Specialists, Agriculture and Resource Management Agents and
Family and Consumer Science Educators.
* Develop and maintain liaison with university/college departments,
advisory councils, county and state federal government bodies and agencies.
* Identify and seek sources of external funding.
* Manage department responsibilities through shared leadership with
Regional 4-H Agents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Earned doctorate in adult/youth education, leadership/volunteer
development or related discipline is required.
* Cooperative Extension and applied research background with demonstrated
strong contribution to scientific discipline which indicates potential for
implementing outstanding Cooperative Extension programs.
* Fieldwork in Cooperative Extension, youth development and/or volunteer
* Demonstrated administrative competency in program development and
leadership, fiscal planning, budget and personnel management desirable.
* Experience in guiding faculty through rigorous tenure systems desirable.
* Must meet qualifications for tenure and rank equivalent to full professor
in a Cook/NJAES department.
* Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) and
evidence of human relations skills.
* Sensitivity to the needs of diverse audiences.
* Competent computer skills.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Academic Rank: Tenure at County Agent I or Extension Specialist
(equivalent to Full professor rank) dependent on background and interests
of selected applicant.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: Travel expenses, month of annual leave per year, health and life
insurance, retirement program, and professional improvement opportunities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Rutgers Cooperative Extension, NJAES, Rutgers University is an equal
opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified individual
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental handicap or disability,
marital, military or veteran's status. Individual covered by Section 503
of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or Section 402 of the
Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 may self identify. If you
wish to self identify please do so in the cover letter transmitting your
Selected candidate will be subject to a complete police background check.
Send letter of application, curriculum vitae and names and addresses of
three professional reference to:
Mary Jane Willis, Associate Director of Extension
Rutgers Cooperative Extension
88 Lipman Drive
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8225
Applicants will be accepted until September 1, 1999, or a suitable
candidate is identified.
County 4-H Agent
Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Somerset County
310 Milltown Road, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
fax (908) 704-1821
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue Jan 04 2000 - 12:33:14 EST