Job openings

From: SCarter@edc.org
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 13:17:27 EDT

Dear Colleagues,

We are seeking some folks to join us in the Center for International Programs at
Education Development Center, Inc., on various projects.

1. One position is full-time, and will be involved in a series of very
interesting projects that require background in women's issues, information
technology, and developing countries. See job description below.

2. Also, beginning in September we're running a series of discussion lists for
WomenWatch/UN and are looking for moderators interested in working part-time on
a short-term basis. Moderating requires excellent writing skills, knowledge of
the topic (listed below), and superb email correspondence skills. If you know
anyone who might be interested in moderating one of these lists (each list runs
for 6 weeks and requires about 2-2.5 days/week while it is running), please ask
him/her to contact me asap. The topics are:

Women's rights and the environment (Sept 6 - October 15)
Women's rights and Health (Sept 6 - October 15)
Women's rights and political power (Sept 6 - October 15)
Women's rights and armed conflict (October 11 - November 19)
Women and Poverty (October 11 - November 19)
Women's rights and education (October 11 - November 19)
Women's rights and the media (November 8 - December 17)
Women's rights and human rights (November 8 - December 17)
The girl child and human rights (November 8 - December 17)

Thanks!

Janice Brodman
Education Development Center, Inc.
jbrodman@edc.org
617-618-2620

*****************

JOB POSTING

Research/Development Associate
International Programs
Education Development Center, Inc.

We are seeking a Research Associate in the International Cluster. This position
requires three sets of skills, knowledge and experience: (1) superior writing
skills *essential*; (2) technical familiarity with hardware and software related
to Internet, e.g., experience designing and developing Web sites; (3) knowledge
of the field of Women in Development, e.g., the application of the PFA to women
in developing countries, and the use of information technology by women in
developing countries. This position is best suited to those who are able to be
flexible with schedule.

Additional interest and/or experience preferred: interest in the use of
information technology to support development; experience working/living in a
developing country; facility in written French or Spanish

Duties include but are not limited to: moderating active Internet discussion
lists; writing weekly summaries of listserv discussion; corresponding with
listserv members; providing technical assistance to listserv members; developing
Web sites; writing research reports. Salary commensurate with experience.

Please contact:
Janice Brodman
617-618-2620
<jbrodman@edc.org>