Re 10: Teacher says NO to less biased curriculum...

From: jmad (jmad@clipper.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 19:03:09 EDT

Although your daughter could be directed to a class which is less biased
this does NOT resolve the issue of prejudice, gender bias and the lack of VISION
in the schools toward equity inorder to attain a more equitably minded society.
This is the basic problem which needs to be addressed.

Although I understand you are concerned about your daughter's education, it is
apparent to me that you are also appalled by the lack of VISION in the school,
administration office etc. at large. This ability to make
the connections from classrooms, to schools, to districts, to state
administrations, the federal level and the outcomes in society is a holistic
view DESPERATELY NEEDED all over the Country. Keep making connections, raising
the concern.

For The Children,
JeanMarie DeSpain, M.S.
Educational Ideals