Re 14: Teacher says NO to less biased curriculum...

From: edebassi@mcrel.org
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 12:46:52 EDT

Out of curiosity, do you know what your daughter's school mission and goals are?

I have found it interesting how classroom practices can be so far from the
mission and goals the school says it supports and carries out.

Was Rosa Parks left out too? I am glad that you are taking an active role in
challenging what is in the book. Are you supplementing your daughter's reading
with information about the groups of people being left out? A daunting task to
do alone.

Elaine JC DeBassige D'Amato
edebassi@mcrel.org