Re: Equity in high school sports

From: Rochelle Riling (seamouse@televar.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 15:32:09 EDT

KENTSKS@aol.com wrote:

> I'm on a committee in my school district that is mandated to explore cultural
and equity issues. The topics are up to us. I'm interested in looking at
athletic programs in our suburban district, particularly allocation of resources
to girls and boys programs.

Re: athletic equity. The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction and the
Washington Interscholastic Activities Associatoin (with guidance from Dept. of
Ed and Offiice of Civil Rights) have worked together to provide clearn, common
sense and thorough guidelines for assessing athletic equity. I'd recommend you
explore their website for ideas for your committee. URL below.

--Rochelle Riling/Omak
S.D. /Title IX
seamouse@televar.com

http://www.k12.wa.us/equity/waia/index.htm