Re: Slander Laws

From: Debbling3@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 09:24:48 EDT

You wrote:
<<I just discovered that under our state laws (Washington), there is a
particular form of slander called "slander of woman" which makes it a
misdemeanor to injure or impair the repuation of any female over age 12 with
regard to "virtue or chastity" OR expose her to hatred, contempt or ridicule.
It covers "any false or defamatory words or language" and makes specific note of
spoken words.>>

Anything like that exist here is CA? We're having some trouble with that at our
private school--4th graders!

Thanks,
Debbie
Debbling3@aol.com