Re[2]: Disabilities Dialogue

From: THehir@edc.org
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 16:31:00 EDT

Harilyn,
Exceptionally thought provoking! I do believe sex education is not as accessable
to students with disabilities and that this can be compounded by the reluctance
of some families to address issues of sexual behavior with their disabled
children. I can recall an incident when I was teaching high school back in the
seventies when I asked a parent if she was discussing sex with her daughter who
was quite smitten with a young guy in the school. Her reply to me was, "Sex! my
daufghter has C.P. ! "
Tom
THehir@edc.org