Re: Not enough money for the girls soccer team....

From: John Meyer (john_meyer@geocities.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 14:30:52 EST

At 01:05 PM 11/19/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have to confess to some concern about where this is headed. As someone
>who does teacher training (ECE), we spend a lot of time talking about
>parents-school partnerships. It seems like we are forever waging the "war" you
so willingly describe, with "school" generic as the "enemy". ON the one hand,
the undergrad teacher in training (as well as teachers in
>general?) seems all to willing to assert that problems with the child are
>surely due to some problem with parenting. ON the other hand, parents seem all
to willing to suggest that schools just really don't care at all. I see
problems with both arguments.

Agreed, one of the first lessons you learn in pr is that in order to have
good pr, you have to have a win-win situation (in the case of a
governmental situation, multiple wins). Confronting the teacher as the
enemy is not the right solution (even when the teacher is...less than
adequate).

john_meyer@geocities.com