Kindergarten gender violence happens here too.

From: Linda Purrington (lpurring@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 15:03:42 EST

Forwarded by Linda Purrington
-----------------------------
Hi,

My name is Ying, a graduated student in geography. I am study in the US
now, but originally I am from China.

I want to talk about the violence against the girl children in
kindergarten by the boy child. It has been widely recognized that violence and
other forms of discrimination happen to a woman since she is a girl child. A
girl child in kindergarten is often beaten by boys, given the fact that the boys
are often stronger than girls. Adults, who see fighting as natural games between
kids, are in effect protecting the boy child in this show of violence. At least
in China it is true. I suspect it is also in other places.

The development of one's self-image starts at very early stage in her
life. What happens in the childhood is especially critical.

Ying Zhou
<zhouy@muohio.edu>