NPR solicits women's history information

From: NWHP@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 16:13:07 EST

Hello, Women's History Networkers --
Susan Hollander sent me this message this morning. It's an open invitation
for us all to spring into action and get women's history onto the NPR
airwaves!
Mary Ruthsdotter
National Women's History Project
NWHP@aol.com

Susan's message read:

A short piece on NPR's morning edition yesterday morning solicited
suggestions for forgotten moments in 20th century history. They plan to
feature some of these forgotten moments in upcoming shows. I thought
perhaps you might have some suggestions for them!

I suggested that Gertrude Ederle's historic swim across the English
Channel and Babe Didrickson's entire amazing career are largely
forgotten.

To make your own suggestion simply follow these directions,
clipped from NPR's web site:

Send in Your Suggestions -- Host Alex Chadwick asks listeners to suggest
important events of the 20th century which may have been omitted from
the many retrospectives that are being released as the year 2000 approaches.

                    Send your suggestions to:
                    Morning Edition
                    635 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
                    Washington, D.C. 20001
                    Or e-mail us at morning@npr.org
Please include the phrase "Forgotten Moments" in your letter, and your phone
number.