RE: A Latina Scientist

From: Allison Nies (
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 12:48:33 EST

    Happy Holidays to all on the List!

    In celebration, I have put up a webpage at my site devoted
    to an Italian woman physicist, Laura Bassi, whose career
    was not only supported by, but heavily promoted by Pope Benedict XIV
    and the Catholic church. She lived during the 18th century,
    and she was the first woman to officially lecture at a
    university (of Bologna) in Europe. She also had her own
    electrical laboratory which is extroadinary. If you are
    interested in science herstory, then drop by my website
    located at Geocities:

    Scroll down the index page to "Laura Bassi"

    Allison Nies