Re: federal funds, Title IX, in SH suit

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 14:54:29 EST

    Linda Purrington: I assume you're talking about a k-12 private school, and
    whether it takes federal monies--if you were talking about post-secondary,
    there might be student assistance money. If not that, I'd look for any
    federal foodstuffs or actual food items they might accept, such as through
    the US Dept of Ag. There are civil rights protections attached to that
    money. Also, are they getting any special ed money that can go to private
    schools (if there is any, I don't know)?

    Does the school have a policy against sexual harassment or discrimination,
    even if it is not required to under Title IX? Less force, but nonetheless
    acommitment they are breaking apparently.

    MKeyes
    Equitymk@aol.com