Re: Question

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 11:42:03 EST

    To an untrained ''eye'' your line of argument and way of rationalizing the
    points of your argument concerning the validity of TITLE IX would seem
    somewhat impressive. After all you pose your questions in an intelligent
    order. But to some of us who have been ''around a while'' and know how to
    read ''between the lines''( the political lines in this case) your
    ''concern'' posed as a "question'' sounds old. The only ''demolition of
    boys sports'' that I know of and which Title IX had anything to do with
    the was in my daughter's school recently through the amount of physical
    injuries suffered by the Football Team (all boys). In the meanwhile in
    order to ''accomodate the 130 "sports deprived boys" that tried out, the
    football team made NO cuts while the girls soccer and field hockey did and
    the girls were told to go join a cheerleadin squad. clearly a violation of
    Title IX. The school will have to find a better way next year
    because we will make sure they do.
    Lesemann

    C123S105L@aol.com