Re: Single sex education

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 11:55:13 EST

    John Meyer wrote a wonderful reply to Joseph's post. John I enjoyed reading
    your example about the problems associated with group projects. I never got
    much out of group projects as a student either, exactly for the reasons you
    described. Now, as a teacher I do not use the technique.

    Could Joseph, or someone else, post some examples of "girl" learning
    strategies? I have several female students in my class who might benefit
    from different learning techniques to the ones I am currently using.

    Just to clarify: I am teaching college level meteorology courses and I am
    female myself (my foreign name does not give this away).

    Best Regards,
    Sytske
    <skimball@jaguar1.usouthal.edu>