RE: Kathleen Rigsby-Opening Statement

Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 10:43:48 EST

    The disaggregation of data that your questions poses is very difficult to
    come by in our region. The states in our region generally do not make such
    a complete breakdown of data, rather staying with the information
    categories generally required by federal programs and federal reporting
    standards. Those of us who support a complete disaggregation of data want
    it as a way for formally identify those students for whom school is not
    working--something we have a good sense about but in this data driven world
    need to "prove."
    Kathleen Rigsby <>