Dialogue Concludes

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 17:35:46 EST

    Hello Everyone:

    We are now officially ending this Dialogue on Equity in Educational
    Assessment. Many thanks to Kathleen Rigsby, Joan Dawson, Tim Boals, A. Lin.
    Goodwin for offering their time, expertise, and perspectives to this
    informative discussion. We also thank you, the members of EDEQUITY for your
    thoughtful contribution.

    To share what we have learned and add to the broader discussion on equity
    in educational assessment, WEEA will be disseminating the information
    generated by
    this Dialogue in a number of ways including printed publications and
    features on our web site <www.edc.org.WomensEquity>.(As you know, the
    entire discussion already is archived on the web site.) We will alert you
    as these new resources become available.

    We would also like to take this opportunity to ask you what you thought of
    the Dialogues we have had so far and whether you found them useful. We also
    welcome suggestions on how we can improve future Dialogues to better serve
    your needs.

    Please respond to the following questions and e-mail them back to the
    EDEQUITY Administrator at Edequity_Admin@mail.edc.org by March 30, 2000.

    Posting of regular EDEQUITY messages will resume again tomorrow, March 8.
    However, please continue to share your insights and experiences to build on
    this discussion on equity in educational assessment.

    Again, thanks for your participation.

    Susan

    Susan J. Smith
    EDEQUITY Moderator
    <edequity-admin@mail.edc.org>
    _______________________________________

    1. Do you generally participate in EDEQUITY discussions? How often?

    2. Did you post a message in any of the three Dialogues? Why or why not?

    3. Did you face any barriers to participating in the Dialogues?

    4. Are you using any of the information or strategies discussed in these
    Dialogues in your efforts to improve educational equity? If so, how?

    5. Which Dialogue was most valuable to you? Why?

    6. What suggestions do you have for improving these Dialogues?

    7. What topics would you suggest for future Dialogues?

    8. Do you have any other comments you would like to share about Dialogues
    or
    EDEQUITY discussions generally?