Re: Positions at new charter school for girls

Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 18:02:33 EDT

    Dear Margaret,

    I am a third year doctoral student in the mathematics education department
    at the University of Georgia. My research interests are gender equity in
    mathematics and feminist pedagogy in mathematics. I am very interested in
    your program. Could you tell me how I can get some information about your
    charter school? I am nearing the dissertation stage and still have not
    decided on a question or site. The charter school sounds quite interesting.

    As to your request, I highly recommend placing an ad on the National
    Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) website ( or in their
    three journals. ALso check out the national organization for science
    educators. This would be a good start.

    Take care.

    Dawn Anderson