Re: FW: Title IX softball case

Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 10:46:42 EDT

    Darcy said:
    > You aren't listening. In Washington it hasn't driven the numbers down
    > boys, it has actually driven them up at the high school level.

    I reply:

      Did I not write the following statement in the email to which you

                   Assuming this is true, and I have no reason to doubt you're
    telling me
                 the truth, then I am very pleased, but it is not the national
    trend. The
                 national trend represents 4 male athletes lost for every
    female athlete

      I thought for sure I had written this; but if my email program didn't
    send it all correctly I apologize. What I meant in saying this is that I'm
    glad that the situation in Washington State does not mirror the national
    trend; but the national trend is a severe problem.