Re: new charter school for girls

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 09:36:21 EDT

    Adriana's questions regarding my previous posting follows these very brief
    answers.

    I am the father of two WONDERFUL daughters, ages 16 and 14, both of whom
    attend public shcools (one in junior high and the other in high school).

    As a teacher and counselor, I have more than 25 years of professional
    experience in public schools. I challenged my own school district to adopt
    appropriate policies and procedures re. gender equity and sexual
    harassment. I work, directly, with both victims and committers of sexual
    harassment. I provided inservice training, re. the above, for all
    employees of my own school district and I have done the same for many other
    schools and school districts in my bi-state area. During the past eight
    years, I have spoken at numerous state and national conferences for
    educators and other professionals on the same topics. I have also produced
    video tapes and journal articles on those topics.

    You are not alone in your battle for your daughters' education, future, and
    well-being. I, and many others, are there in the trenches right next to
    you. Keep up the good work!

    Larry Conant
    lconant@fergflor.k12.mo.us