Re: Atlantic Monthly: Girls Rule

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 10:55:55 EDT

    My initial reaction is that she nowhere mentions the white male
    dominated curriciulum that gives girls no role models. Neither does
    she mention the imbalance in money and pwer in the world between
    grown-up boys and grown-up girls. I guess boys get straightened out
    somewhere along the line!

    Ellen Silber
    <wominst@mmc.marymt.edu>

    > I look forward to hearing reactions to the Atlantic Monthly article in
    the
    > May issue: Girls Rule! Mythmakers to the Contrary It's Boys Who Are In
    > Deep Trouble by Chritina Hoff Sommers of the American Enterprise
    Institute. The