Title IX

From: edequity@phoenix.edc.org
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 11:06:23 EDT

    Hi again:

    Well, it appears that one of the many things we disagree upon is what
    constitutes an answer to one's question. I believe my e-mail was
    responsive
    to yours, unlike your e-mail to me.

    The overall point I'm making s that there are gender inequities in
    athletics
    that persist; that progress for women and girls has not come at the expense
    of men, which you claim. The three-part test -- all three parts -- is a
    valid means of addressing the inequities.

    What's fascinating to me is how you still haven't answered my question,
    which is the courtesy I afforded you -- without any attacks or sarcastic
    remarks.

    The conclusion I must draw is that you have no citations for the "trends"
    you rely upon to make your arguments.

    Verna Williams
    <vwilliams@nwlc.org>