[EDEQUITY] Re: Boys and School Article

From: John Meyer (john_meyer@geocities.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 12:04:41 EDT

    I don't know about much of the rest of this arguement, but I certainly can
    comment on point 2: we in America love to scream and shout and hurt
    insults
    back and forth and argue every single issue out, from Title IX to domestic
    violence. But we at least refuse to see the solution as proposing to ban
    certain books because of stereotypes, real or perceived. As a man who
    taught himself to read in Kindergarten, I would laugh at any notion that
    there's a stereotype that reading is primarily a female activity. A good
    many of my male friends are big readers.

    John Meyer
    Programmer/Web Designer/Writer
    <john_meyer@geocities.com>